(Date of designation & Teaching School)
Broughton High School/ Preston Teaching School Alliance
(LA or Sponsor)
|Fulwood St. Peter’s C.E. Primary School, Preston
|Recent OfSTED judgement
(Overall and Leadership)
|Outstanding in all areas 2012.
|Context of School
St. Peter’s is a Voluntary aided Church of England primary school in urban environment in North Preston
- Single form entry school with a Nursery class
- 13 out of 18 recordable ethnicities
- Slightly higher than Lancashire average EAL
- Low FSM
- Lower than average SEN
|Particular area(s) of Expertise/Strength
- I am passionate about PSHE. Over the years I have written new schemes of work and now implementing the new curriculum throughout the school.
- I have undertaken a CPD course based on economic wellbeing, this led to me becoming a lead for PfEG (Personal Finance Education Group).
- I am the Lead for Healthy Schools and I have led the school to gain the updated National Award. We were the first to gain the full award under the new format.
|How have you supported other schools or middle leaders and senior leaders in your own school?
- I have written new schemes of work.
- Made links within the communities to support the development of PSHE.
- Lead staff training and Governor training to introduce the new scheme of work and the work with Healthy Schools.
- Organised and led theme days to support and enhance the teaching of PSHE.
|What was the Impact of your support?
- Theme days helped to raise the profile of children’s understanding of Healthy Schools. Children have developed skills and understanding such as first aid, healthy diets and physical education.
- The economic wellbeing as given the children an understanding of the need to budget their money.
- They have developed enterprise skills and been able to create and raise money for future ventures and activities that they wished to undertake.