(Date of designation & Teaching School)
Moor Park High School and Sixth Form/Preston Teaching School Alliance
(LA or Sponsor)
|Moor Park High School and Sixth Form
|Recent OfSTED judgement
(Overall and Leadership)
|Context of School
||Moor Park High School and Sixth Form is an urban, popular, mixed 11-18 small (approx. 570 students) school in central Preston. The catchment area includes pockets of high deprivation and the proportion of disadvantaged students is well above the national average. The students, staff and community have great confidence in their school.
|Particular area(s) of Expertise/Strength
- Faculty Leader of Humanities across key stages 3-5. Outcomes are consistently in line with or above national averages as mentioned in our most recent Ofsted report.
- Assistant Headteacher with current responsibility for ITT, CPD support (professional learning pathways), faculty review and curriculum and assessment development. The culture of professional development at Moor Park, its impact on improved teaching and the development of middle leadership were all praised in our 2018 Ofsted report.
|How have you supported other schools or middle leaders and senior leaders in your own school?
- I have made a significant contribution to the improvement of all faculty outcomes and, through classroom practice, specifically the achievement of GCSE and A Level History. In addition to this I have helped to develop additional leadership capacity within my own faculty.
- I work directly with middle leaders to improve classroom and assessment practices and have implemented and directed the whole school adoption of PLCs.
- I launched and supervised the development of the Faculty Review programme and coordinated with middle leaders during the year-long cycle.
|What was the Impact of your support?
- Results in subjects within my faculty have remained positive over time as cited in our most recent Ofsted report.
- As previously mentioned, Ofsted also praised the improved culture of professional development and its impact on the quality of teaching.
- In my role as a senior leader, I have contributed to the improved outcomes across the school with Moor Park seeing a dramatic P8 improvement in our most recent examination results.